Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pieces are coming together

The couple we met this morning are John & Christine Zernick and they have adopted Zhu Ai Qing (Kailee). They have not joined our Zhu Hai group yet but will soon. In the group picture on the playset, she is third from the left. They ran into Kirsten with Brooke (Zhu Chun Xi)earlier this week. Both families dropped by the orphanage yesterday but at different times. Anyway, we met up with the Zernick's in the lobby tonight and we talked for a bit. Kailee & Alison talked for some time. I have their info and they have ours. We no more finished talking to them and walked outside when we ran into Kirsten, Sue and Brooke. I am seeing a little older sibling teasing the younger ones. Our meek/mild Alison swung a few playful punches at Brooke when they met and as we walked away she was sticking her tongue out at Brooke. A side of our daughter we have not seen.

Kirsten has been doing some major networking. I guess there is a 2 year old boy from Zhu Hai in our hotel and another girl (from our group picture) staying in another hotel near by. I can't remember her name but she is the girl on the far right of the first row on the playset group picture. We have to get all of this info down before we leave.

But the thing I haven't had time to put together is who Alison has been asking for Ai Li. Hello! For those of you who have no idea who I am talking about, the Huber familiy is adopting Ai Li and they are a part of the Zhu Hai Yahoo group. I read Sue's post on the site and they have a travel date. If I had gone back to the Yahoo site, I might have figured this out. I even brought the group picture and printed the girls names and birth dates so I could try to figure out who was who while I am here and I have been so distracted that I have not done that. Kirsten put the pieces together for me. I am glad I know now. How exciting.

We did the bath thing tonight. We have to be dressed & fed by 8:30 in the morning so I better get off here. What a great day.

Oh, Lynn gets the first recognition as being a papa but now his girl won't hold his hand as we walk down the street. Maybe that is punishment for his staring at her and saying how pretty she is. Girls are so moody...except for me...I just have mush for thought/speach right now. I hope this passes. I feel like my tongue is just blah, blah, blah as I talk to people here. Not sure what is happening but I hope is passes soon.... Goodnight....sure has been a good day....Brenda

2 comments:

Daddy said...

We are elated to hear it is going so well with Alison. It sounds like "old home week" for the Zhuhai gang. So glad everyone is meeting up because we may have never found the other girls and their families Stateside.
We are rejoicing with you!
The Cox family

Waitingfaithfully said...

Brenda and Lynn & Alison,
Thanks so much for the Zhuhai update, how exciting that things are coming together with the "unknown girls" so precious for all of them! I so want to know who the little boy is (tell Kirsten to keep networking!) There is a little boy about that age in two different pictures that we have received of Teddi (Zhu Fu Xiao) I would love to know if this is the same little boy.

Blessings to you all~
Tina