Thursday, January 10, 2008

Preparing for Alison

Her closet is clean. Clothes are folded in drawers. Hanging things in the closet. Her My Twinn doll is ready to make the trip. I have laid out the clothes on her bed that we will take for her. Her travel toys / activities are on the desk. I have contacted school about her likely start date. I even have a list of needed school supplies, the dress policy and the school calendar in my Palm Pilot.

Her room is nice but it isn't her yet. What if she likes pink and not yellow? Well, we will change it...that is why I didn't make major room changes...this way we can have the fun of decorating her room (but I really do like the yellow but it has been that way for 10 years and the room has hardly been used).

I have an electronic translator to convert English to Chinese. Uno, crayons, coloring books, dictionary picture books, Leapster & games, movies, play dough, liquid Tylenol, liquid laxatives for kids, Tylenol Cold/Flu (for kids), lip balm, Muscinex (for kids), ampicilin, anticeptic cream, a Cinderella power toothbrush.

Last fall when I bought the My Twinn doll (mytwinn.com) I bought outfits for the doll and the same matching outfit for Alison. The one outfit that I couldn't get to match was a Chinese outfit for Alison but I bought it for her doll. I spent the weekend looking for that outfit. I couldn't find it anywhere. I searched for about 4 days. Two people I have met online say the orphanage will have Alison dressed in a red traditional satin outfit on "gotcha day". We will meet her with her doll with a hair cut like hers and a similar red Chinese outfit. HOW FUN>

Ok, I am ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I had not heard of my Twinn dolls - are they like American Girl dolls? Wow - January 25th - not much longer now! Prepare for one of the most wonderful experiences of your lives! I am so eager to meet Alison!
- Kathy Perry