Thursday, January 17, 2008

Getting Close

We are down to nine days before we leave. Nine days seems such a short / long time. I keep thinking of all I have to do but I am not ready to start packing. I have Alison's clothes ready but I want to be able to change my mind.

I have been looking for learning activities. I went to a school supply store tonight and picked up some hand writing work books. Now I am trying to decide how many learning items to take. The focus is on bonding activities and I don't want to overwhelm her. But we will be there for two weeks plus the long plane ride back.

There are moments that I am totally prepared and others that I feel the need to talk to someone who has done this before for reassurance that all will be well or read just one more book on bonding/adoption issues.

There is a DVD set Dora learns Mandarin now. Dora can do anything. I think Dora may be too young for Alison but I also found a Barbie DVD set for learning Mandarin. That might help us and the grandkids but I resisted. Check out ebay for learning Chinese. Ok, you know I was tempted to buy something but I did buy some pants for school tonight so I have my kid purchase fix for today. Whew! I was able to pass up an ebay auction. Actually the bidding goes on for 3 days and I couldn't possibly get it before I leave so I can resist. Besides I can probably buy it cheaper in China

After midnight --- 8 days and counting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll gladly lend you our V-tech educ.video learning games..we have Little Mermaid and Winnie the Pooh...they have fun ways to learn the alphabet etc. The kids on our trip, slept, watched movies, colored, explored the plane! & played video games(it was ugly when the batteries died). We are counting the days with you!!
-The Reeds

Anonymous said...

We'll gladly lend you our V-tech educ.video learning games..we have Little Mermaid and Winnie the Pooh...they have fun ways to learn the alphabet etc. The kids on our trip, slept, watched movies, colored, explored the plane! & played video games(it was ugly when the batteries died). We are counting the days with you!!
-The Reeds