Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh Happy Day

Last night as we were praying before bed I asked Alison if she wanted to pray. She wanted me to pray and she repeated what I said. This is the first time she has seemed interested in praying. She has willinging held our hands as we pray for several months but didn't seem to understand what we were doing.



We went out to eat tonight and Lynn asked me to pray. And she said "I pray". Now she still wanted me to help her with the words but she wanted to be the one who prayed. Wow. That is awesome.



She is a television "alcoholic" and I pull her away as much as I can. At bedtime as she was getting ready for bed she says "I sleep in here"... meaning our bed. Well, of course because Lynn had the TV on. We went back to her room and she kept asking "I watch TV, little bit, please?" I told her Daddy was turning off the TV and where did she want to sleep? She says, "OH MAN".... and them "hummmmp". I left her room and went back to our room. She came in when she was in her PJs and climbed in our bed. She says, "I like this one." Lynn asked her to come to him and give him a hug which she did willingly. He said, "I love you". and she said "I love you".



OH MY. OH MY. OH MY. She knows hugging and she knows what I love you means and she never hugs dad and she never says I love you to anyone. What a break through.



Besides the lovey stuff. She is reading beginning reader books. She can sound out most words. She may not pronounce them correctly but she is making great strides.

3 comments:

Somewhere In The Sun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Somewhere In The Sun said...

Oh Brenda, what a wonderful post! I know Lynn's heart just melted when he got that hug and the I love you. I know mine did just reading it! I just love hearing of her progress.

~Lynn

Sue Huber said...

I can feel the joy from here!!! What a beautiful post to read.
Sue Huber